Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another press for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in the Microsoft Word file format.
- Where available, URLs and DOIs for the references have been provided.
- The text is 1,5-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Press.
Copyright Notice for Standard Publication Route
The Author as owner of copyright in the Work grants to the Publisher for the duration of the copyright in the Work, the exclusive right and licence to print or cause to be printed, to reprint or cause to be reprinted, and to publish and themselves further to license the production and publication of the Work or any adaptation or any abridgement of the Work or any substantial part of the Work, in volume form, electronic form, digital form, CD Rom, or similar format now in existence or hereafter invented, in all languages, for the legal term of copyright, throughout the world. All rights under the copyright in the Work not specifically assigned and transferred to the Publisher in terms of this agreement are reserved to the Author. The Author acknowledges that the rights in the title, design, get-up, layout, and choice of typography are and/ or will at all times be held by the Publisher.
Copyright Notice for Open Access Content (Publication Charge applicable)
Authors may opt to publish open access (after their manuscript has been accepted for publication) by agreeing to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant Unisa Press the right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication by Unisa Press.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication by Unisa Press.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
Unisa Press is committed to protecting our users’ privacy.
Unisa Press only collects personal information when users provide such information voluntarily, e.g. when they register to use the online submission website of a Journal or when they request information and wish to receive such information via e-mail.
In some cases non-personal information, such as the user’s domain and IP-address is stored on the user’s computer as a cookie-file and in a statistics file on the web sever. This information is used to improve the service offered to users.
The collected personal information is stored in databases to which access is strictly controlled and only staff, who in the course of their duties need to have access to such information.
No personal information about a user will be disclosed to third parties without the user’s permission or due process.
By using this website, the user consents to the following:
- Unisa Press may use personal information about the user to communicate with the user from time to time.
- Unisa may use the user’s information for non-personal statistical purposes.
Registered users may view their own personal information through the website.
All reasonable steps will be taken to secure a user’s information.
Users undertake not to divulge their usernames and passwords to any other person.
It is expressly prohibited for any person, business, or entity to gain or attempt to gain unauthorised access to any information on this website, or to deliver or attempt to deliver any unauthorised, damaging or malicious code to this website. Any person who delivers or attempts to deliver any unauthorised, damaging or malicious code to this website or attempts to gain unauthorised access to any page on this website shall be held criminally liable, and in the event that Unisa should suffer any damage or loss, civil damages will be claimed.